Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowship Administration 2022-23
UWF managed WDGF accounts received supplemental funds from UWF starting July 1, 2017. Information regarding management of these accounts is available on the WDGF tab within the Fund Information view in the UWF Advancement Resources tool.
A complete list of WDGF accounts can be found here. Note that accounts identified as Graduate School managed WDGF accounts are not supplemented and may be used by departments to support fellowships as earnings allow.
Fellowship Rates & Total Cost of Fellowship
|Fringe Benefits Estimated||$4,300||$4,300|
|Tuition – Estimated *||$12,500||$3,500|
|Segregated Fees – Estimated||$1,450||$600|
* Resident rates, 8 credits per semester for pre-dissertators; 3 credits per semester for dissertators
|Fringe Benefits Estimated||$5,220||$5,220|
|Tuition – Estimated *||$15,600||$5,800|
|Segregated Fees – Estimated||$1,800||$880|
* Resident rates, 8 credits per semester plus 2 credits per summer for pre-disserators; 3 credits per semester plus 3 credits per summer for dissertators
- Use only Account Code 5712 for payrolling annual fellows and use only Account Code 5732 for payrolling academic fellows. Use Program 9 for all payroll transactions.
- Do not use Account Codes 2710 and 2714 for payrolling fellows.
- Use only Account Code 5713 and Program 9 for tuition payments.
- Download the appropriate Fellowship Tuition Remission Authorization Form.
Waiver of Out-of-State Portion of Tuition
Non-residents of Wisconsin who are appointed as Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellows are eligible for a remission of the out-of-state portion of tuition and fees. Each semester, the appointing department must initiate a request to the Graduate School for this remission. Download the appropriate Fellowship Tuition Remission Authorization Form. Submit completed forms directly to the Bursar’s Office secure website.
Third-Party Deferral of In-State Tuition and Segregated Fees
In-State tuition and fees should be charged directly to the Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships 233 accounts. Each semester, the appointing department must send a memo or e-mail the Bursar’s Office to arrange this deferral. This request does not go through the Office of the VCRGE. Please refer to the Bursar’s 3rd Party Deferral Policy Bursar’s 3rd Party Deferral Policy for the information to send when making this request. Once the deferral is set up, the Bursar’s Office will send the Fellow’s invoice for tuition and segregated fees to the department contact for payment.
- Fellows are eligible for health insurance. Contact your department’s fringe benefits counselor for more information.
- During their fellowship, fellows must register for and maintain a minimum of eight graduate credits each semester (courses 300 or above), and a minimum of two credits during the eight week summer session. Dissertators are required to register for three dissertator credits each term including the eight week summer session. It is the responsibility of the department to verify that your fellows are fully registered.
- Sending out appointment letters to the fellows is a responsibility of the department.
- It is the responsibility of each department to monitor the amount available at the UW Foundation in their WDGF accounts. This is necessary to determine how often a department may offer a fellowship.