Shaw Early Career Research Award 2024
Please note updated eligibility criteria.
Deadline to Apply: February 19, 2024
The Shaw Early Career Research Award, sponsored by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF), is dedicated to fostering advancements in the fields of Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, and Cancer research. This award specifically targets early career researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Candidates must be full-time faculty members actively engaged in research within three years of their appointment as assistant professor.
UW-Madison has been delegated decision making authority by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and will select an awardee by February 29, 2024.
Amount per Award: $200,000
Duration of Award: 2 Years
Number of Awards: 1 Award
Candidates must be full time tenure-track assistant professors. Associate and full professors are not eligible. To be eligible, a candidate must, on the date applications are due, be within 3 years of their appointment as assistant professor. Please note that independent research positions held at other institutions are counted in determining the three-year eligibility window.
Individuals may apply for the Shaw Early Career Research Award two times during their period of eligibility.
Departments may nominate one individual for the Shaw Early Career Research Award annually. Applications must be submitted through the assistant professor’s home department.
For more information on the program visit: http://www.greatermilwaukeefoundation.org/donors/donor-stories/dorothy-shaw/
To submit your application, please email a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information:
- Cover Sheet including full contact information and Appointment Date
- A Letter of Nomination from Department Chair/Center Director, highlighting the Nominee’s achievements, and the basis for selection (3 pages max)
- A description of the Nominee’s most significant research accomplishments (1 page max)
- A summary description of the Nominee’s research as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (6 pages max)
- A CV including a list of publications and past/ongoing research support. (5 pages max)
If you have questions, please email: email@example.com.