Stem Cell Research Oversight: Additional Resources
Instructions to Access and Complete Required Stem Cell Ethics and Policy Training
- Login to Canvas
- In the upper right corner, click on "Join This Course"
- In the upper right corner, click "Enroll in Course"
- Select "Go To Course" to complete the course now. If you do wish to complete the course at this time, you will need to locate the course on your dashboard.
- Read through all course materials.
- Once you have answered the question, please submit the quiz.
UW–Madison Stem Cell Resources
- UW–Madison Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center: The mission of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center (SCRMC) is to advance the science of stem cell biology and foster breakthroughs in regenerative medicine through faculty interactions, research support and education.
- WiCell: provider of hPSC lines, cytogenetic testing services, pre-qualified reagents, and research services such as mycoplasma screening, teratoma services, lab space and grant writing assistance.
- Wicell Deposit Process
- UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research Clinical Research Unit: reviews protocols that will be using CRU facilities or services.
- Health Sciences Institutional Review Boards (IRBs): reviews hPSC research protocols involving interaction or intervention with human subjects or using identifiable hPSC lines
- Institutional Biosafety Committee /Office of Biological Safety: reviews the research use of recombinant DNA and its derivatives.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee: reviews all research protocols involving the use of animals. The Research Animal Resources and Compliance web site has information about all of the local Animal Care and Use Committees.
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP): administers extramurally sponsored programs and reviews and negotiates material transfer agreements for hPSC lines obtained from non-UW sources.
- Research Safety Committee (RSC): reviews protocols possessing health hazards, such as gene transfer studies, and protocols intentionally exposing subjects to infectious agents. The phone number for RSC is (608) 263-8902.
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF): reviews invention disclosure forms for new discoveries and manages UW’s intellectual property.