PI Portal Frequently Asked Questions
What is the PI Portal?
The PI Portal is:
- A dashboard of your personalized research administration, compliance, and training information
- An on-ramp to electronic tools you need to access – with direct links to your records
- A quick reference guide with essential info about key topics for PIs
The portal helps you save time by making it easier to:
- Find the information you need
- Figure out what you need to do
- Efficiently get it done
No more logging into multiple systems – everything is in one place. Via the portal, you can:
- Access your:
- Grant proposals
- Effort statements
- Effort commitments
- Protocols: human subjects, animal care and use, biosafety, stem cell
- Confidential disclosure agreements
- Material transfer agreements
- Outside activity reports
- COI management plans
- See info about your:
- Training course completions
- Project staff (and their training info)
- Alerts regarding upcoming grant, compliance, and training deadlines
- Get the basics about all of the above, plus:
- Chemical and radiation safety
- Responsible conduct of research
Who can use it?
The portal is for principal investigators.
A PI can delegate viewing rights to anyone with a UW–Madison NetID. For example, you might wish to authorize a lab manager to see portions of what you see.
Research administrators that you work with can log in and see what you see, without you having to delegate viewing rights to them.