Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists National Competition 2017
|To:||Chairs and Administrators, Departments in the Biological, Physical, and Social Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||August 05, 2016|
|Subject:||Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists National Competition 2017|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||September 12, 2016|
The Blavatnik Family Foundation is providing critical support to seed innovative work in science and technology that will address society’s most pressing global problems. These awards recognize the country’s most promising faculty-rank researchers in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, and Chemistry.
- Amount per award: $250,000
- Duration of award: 1 Year
- Number of awards: One Blavatnik Laureate in each Disciplinary Category.
The nominee must:
- Have been born in or after 1975.
- Hold a doctorate degree (PhD, DPhil, MD, DDS, DVM, etc.).
- Currently hold a faculty position.
- Currently conduct research as a principal investigator in one of the disciplinary categories in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, or Chemistry.
UW may submit up to three nominations, one in each disciplinary category.
Each Department is limited to nominating one candidate per disciplinary category.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Please include the following information:
- Cover Page
- Nominator’s Rationale for Nomination (200-word maximum)
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae (4-page maximum, PDF).
- Nominee’s Research Summary (1,000-word maximum, PDF).
- Full-text publications and/or patents representing the nominee’s work (up to 4 publications, PDF).
- Names and email addresses for two letter writers familiar with nominee’s scientific contributions who will provide letters of support.
Applications are due to Blavatnik Family Foundation by November 16, 2016.
Contact Dave Schuster (608) 263-7274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.