New Funding Opportunities Announced
I am pleased to announce three NEW research funding opportunities on behalf of the Office of the VCRGE.
- UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative is a $5 million initiative to stimulate and support highly innovative and groundbreaking research.
- Publishing Subventions for Scholarly Monographs provides support for probationary faculty in fields where publication of a major research monograph is normally necessary to achieve tenure.
- Bridge to the Future is an additional allocation of bridge funding that prioritizes multi-investigator projects with a sustained record of campus-wide impact that experience either a gap in funding or a significant reduction in budget.
These research funding opportunities are available because of the impressive efforts of UW–Madison faculty and staff in filing successful patents through the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
Please follow the links above for more information on these programs or contact your Divisional Associate Vice Chancellor for Research (contact information below) with any questions.
—Marsha Mailick, Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Associate Vice Chancellors for Research
- DPI and education researchers team up on $5.2 million grant to reduce gaps in opportunity and achievement November 24, 2015
- UW-Madison remains highly ranked in research spending despite shrinking revenue streams November 24, 2015
- Developing drug resistance may be a matter of diversity for tuberculosis November 23, 2015
- AAAS honors five UW-Madison engineers and physicists as fellows November 23, 2015
- Small landscape changes can mean big freshwater gains November 17, 2015
- UW-Madison storage ring designated as historic site November 16, 2015
- UW-Madison bioethicist co-chairs gene editing study November 13, 2015
- Ph.D. student wins Germany’s Green Talents Award November 10, 2015