New Funding Opportunities Announced
I am pleased to announce three NEW research funding opportunities on behalf of the Office of the VCRGE.
- UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative is a $5 million initiative to stimulate and support highly innovative and groundbreaking research. New: Updated instructions for Round 2.
- Publishing Subventions for Scholarly Monographs provides support for probationary faculty in fields where publication of a major research monograph is normally necessary to achieve tenure.
- Bridge to the Future is an additional allocation of bridge funding that prioritizes multi-investigator projects with a sustained record of campus-wide impact that experience either a gap in funding or a significant reduction in budget.
These research funding opportunities are available because of the impressive efforts of UW–Madison faculty and staff in filing successful patents through the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
Please follow the links above for more information on these programs or contact your Divisional Associate Vice Chancellor for Research (contact information below) with any questions.
—Marsha Mailick, Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Associate Vice Chancellors for Research
- Virtual reality makes its best users the most queasy January 28, 2016
- Lewis Thomas Prize to be awarded to Wisconsin’s Sean Carroll January 28, 2016
- Partnering with NASA to grow plants in space January 27, 2016
- UW-Madison researchers find Zika virus in Colombia, look for ways to stop it January 26, 2016
- Slow waves may explain the brain’s disconnect during dreaming January 26, 2016
- Lab keeps cancer treatment radiation machines honest January 22, 2016
- Re-‘making’ the world of education: A learning revolution January 21, 2016
- UW scientists contribute to state’s Pollinator Protection Plan effort January 19, 2016