UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative Awards Announced
Led by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of the VCRGE, faculty and staff sifted through 134 proposals from across campus. Reviewers identified ambitious, early stage research ideas and infrastructure investments to jump-start innovative interdisciplinary research projects.
The projects, underwritten by the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation and spanning the disciplines, were reviewed by 87 faculty from across the university. Funded projects include 72 faculty and academic staff investigators from eight schools and colleges. Final selections were made by the UW2020 Council, a group of 16 faculty from all divisions of the university.
The goal of UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative is to support projects that could ultimately transform a field, solve a long-standing problem, contribute to social policy or launch a key new technology. We think we’re off to a fantastic start.
—Marsha Mailick, Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Associate Vice Chancellors for Research
- Chancellor Blank honors students for outstanding research, service May 4, 2016
- Researchers track critical development in the young brain May 4, 2016
- Brenner’s simpler fertility test is basis for promising UW-Madison spinoff April 28, 2016
- Experimental drug cancels effect from key intellectual disability gene in mice April 27, 2016
- Antenna design turns entire vehicles into broadcasting equipment April 25, 2016
- Academic Staff Excellence Awards honor nine campus professionals April 25, 2016
- New material combines useful, typically incompatible properties April 20, 2016
- With simple process, engineers fabricate fastest flexible silicon transistor April 20, 2016