New Funding Opportunities Announced
I am pleased to announce four NEW research funding opportunities on behalf of the Office of the VCRGE.
- Fall Competition: Faculty members and investigators with permanent PI status are encouraged to apply to this year's Fall Competition. The competition offers funding opportunities for cutting-edge research and graduate student support.
- UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative is a $5 million initiative to stimulate and support highly innovative and groundbreaking research.
- Publishing Subventions for Scholarly Monographs provides support for probationary faculty in fields where publication of a major research monograph is normally necessary to achieve tenure.
- Bridge to the Future is an additional allocation of bridge funding that prioritizes multi-investigator projects with a sustained record of campus-wide impact that experience either a gap in funding or a significant reduction in budget.
These research funding opportunities are available because of the impressive efforts of UW–Madison faculty and staff in filing successful patents through the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
Please follow the links above for more information on these programs or contact your Divisional Associate Vice Chancellor for Research (contact information below) with any questions.
—Marsha Mailick, Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Associate Vice Chancellors for Research
- An ounce of prevention: Research advances on ‘scourge’ of transplant wards August 27, 2015
- UW-Madison engineers contribute expertise to Oshkosh Corporation August 27, 2015
- Communities have turned to water resources program for 50 years August 25, 2015
- ‘Lazy eye’ may bully the brain into altering its wiring August 25, 2015
- Wireless microcamera clusters broaden laparoscopic imaging August 21, 2015
- New data from Antarctic detector firms up cosmic neutrino sighting August 20, 2015
- Fall Competition aims to set standard for research excellence August 18, 2015
- Novel Morgridge technology may illuminate mystery moon caves August 14, 2015