New Funding Opportunities Announced
I am pleased to announce three NEW research funding opportunities on behalf of the Office of the VCRGE.
- UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative is a $5 million initiative to stimulate and support highly innovative and groundbreaking research. New: Updated instructions for Round 2.
- Publishing Subventions for Scholarly Monographs provides support for probationary faculty in fields where publication of a major research monograph is normally necessary to achieve tenure.
- Bridge to the Future is an additional allocation of bridge funding that prioritizes multi-investigator projects with a sustained record of campus-wide impact that experience either a gap in funding or a significant reduction in budget.
These research funding opportunities are available because of the impressive efforts of UW–Madison faculty and staff in filing successful patents through the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
Please follow the links above for more information on these programs or contact your Divisional Associate Vice Chancellor for Research (contact information below) with any questions.
—Marsha Mailick, Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Associate Vice Chancellors for Research
- New method for bio-designing yeast could improve biofuel production February 12, 2016
- Wisconsin researchers transform common cell to master heart cell February 11, 2016
- UW–Madison engineers create custom tuning knobs to turn off any gene February 10, 2016
- Professor, alumni named to National Academy of Engineering February 8, 2016
- Long-term picture offers little solace on climate change February 8, 2016
- Researchers to examine best ways to alter concussion attitudes, behaviors February 5, 2016
- Brauer: Better diversity training is built on research, not intuition February 5, 2016
- Researchers home in on why female newborns are better protected from brain injury February 4, 2016