New Funding Opportunities AnnouncedI am pleased to announce three NEW research funding opportunities on behalf of the Office of the VCRGE.
- UW2020: WARF Discovery Initiative is a $5 million initiative to stimulate and support highly innovative and groundbreaking research.
- Publishing Subventions for Scholarly Monographs provides support for probationary faculty in fields where publication of a major research monograph is normally necessary to achieve tenure.
- Bridge to the Future is an additional allocation of bridge funding that prioritizes multi-investigator projects with a sustained record of campus-wide impact that experience either a gap in funding or a significant reduction in budget.
These research funding opportunities are available because of the impressive efforts of UW–Madison faculty and staff in filing successful patents through the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
Please follow the links above for more information on these programs or contact your Divisional Associate Vice Chancellor for Research (contact information below) with any questions.
—Marsha Mailick, Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
Associate Vice Chancellors for Research
- UW 2020: New VCRGE program to support early stage research July 28, 2015
- UW study shows how a kernel got naked and corn became king July 27, 2015
- The couple who Facebooks together, stays together July 24, 2015
- Researchers pinpoint where the brain unites our eyes’ double vision July 23, 2015
- Smaller and smarter antennas for military use July 23, 2015
- Keeping up that positive feeling: the science of savoring emotions July 22, 2015
- Words jump-start vision, psychologist’s study shows July 21, 2015
- Molecular fuel cell catalysts hold promise for efficient energy storage July 15, 2015