HRPP Newsletter September 2022
Current and Upcoming Job Opportunities
The IRB has launched a national search to name a new IRB Director. The position closes on October 6th. Please pass this along to anyone who may be interested.
In addition, the newly developed Associate Director of Quality Compliance and Reliance position, housed within the Office of Research Compliance, will be posted in the near future. Stay tuned for more information!
Upcoming educational opportunities
- 9/23 12pm-1pm
- Offered through PREP
- This training will emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion opportunities at the individual, team, and organizational level. Specifically, the training will provide participants an opportunity to think about how DEI is essential to improving research strategies that can lead to improving research participation from underrepresented groups, thought-provoking ideas to understand how shifting the historical narrative is essential to advance DEI and improve our community, commitment, and connection, and the opportunity to consider how improving the internal capacity to address DEI can positively impact their organizational mission.
- 10/4 8am-12pm
- Offered through ICTR
- This workshop will provide a review of the core components of a clinical trial protocol, strategies to engage biostatistical collaboration in creating protocols, and an opportunity to learn about processes in protocol writing in industry.
- 10/19 12pm-1pm
- Offered through Clinical Research Office
- This session will provide an overview of the required documentation for clinical research participants in HealthLink, UW Health’s electronic health record. We will also briefly discuss the difference between the electronic health record, the legal medical record, and the designated record set with regard to documentation in HealthLink.
- 10/28/22 8:30am-4:30pm
- Offered through ICTR
- Just Research is a new program for researchers and research staff to learn skills to promote diversity in study participation and research equity. Created from a decade of experience with community engagement, inclusive research practices, and the Building Trust initiative, Just Research is a partnership between the Collaborative Center for Health Equity and the Milwaukee-based Center for Community Engagement and Health Partnership (CCE). The workshop will be facilitated by Susan Racine Passmore, Sr. Associate Director, CCHE, and Gina Green-Harris, Director, CCE.
- Studies that may qualify for exemption cannot be ceded to an external IRB and must be reviewed by the UW IRB. Please contact email@example.com for assistance with applying for an exemption.
- The UW will neither cede IRB review nor serve as the reviewing IRB for studies without external funding (federal, foundation).
- For more information on UW guidelines for ceding and serving, see Appendix A as well as Appendix B of the reliance manual.
- For guidance on potential exceptions to the UW guidelines, see Appendix D of the reliance manual.
- If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.