The Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education develops and implements campuswide research policy for UW–Madison. The impressive size of the UW–Madison research enterprise contributes to the decentralization of many research activities and services. The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education proposes standard policies to guide the campus as it responds to changes in regulations and to assist in the cultivation of successful research administration.
UW-Madison has compiled a list of research compliance, protocol and safety related trainings. To learn more, including links to policies and more information, visit the Research Safety Training Requirements table.
- Tangible Research Property
- Data stewardship, access and retention
- Institutional conflict of interest
- 100% academic staff appointment study
- Reporting misconduct
- Animal facilities
- Annual leave reserve account policy
- Export control
- Cost sharing
- Research infrastructure
- Guidance for establishing new affiliated organizations