Shaw Scientist Program 2016
|To:||Chairs and Administrators: Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||November 25, 2015|
|Subject:||Shaw Scientist Program 2016|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||December 30, 2015|
This Opportunity is part of the Institutional Nominations and Internal Competitions Spring 2016 review.
The Shaw Scientist Program is intended both to advance research in the fields of biochemistry, biological sciences, and cancer, and to give encouragement, at a critical stage in their careers, to young scholar-scientists who show great promise of substantial scientific achievement at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Amount per Award: $200,000
Duration of Award: 5 Years
Number of Awards: 2 Awards
Candidates should be full time faculty members or full time research academic staff holding the equivalent of faculty positions. To be eligible, a candidate must, on the date applications are due, be not more than three years from the date of their first independent research position. Please note that independent research positions held at other institutions are counted in determining the three year eligibility window.
Associate and full professors are not eligible. Individuals may be nominated twice during their three years of eligibility, and are encouraged to apply during the last two years of eligibility.
UW-Madison is allowed to submit 4 nominations
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
• Cover Sheet-full contact information, Dept., Appointment Date, Visa Status
• A Letter of Nomination from Department Chair/Center Director, highlighting the Nominee’s achievements, and the basis for selection (3 pages max)
• A description of the Nominee’s most significant research accomplishments (1 page max)
• A summary description of the Nominee’s research as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (6 pages max)
• A CV including a list of publications in which independent contributions and undergraduate coauthors are clearly identified. Research support should be indicated. (5 pages max)
Applications are due to Greater Milwaukee Foundation by February 15, 2016.
Contact Dave Schuster (608) 263-7274 or email email@example.com.