Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists National Competition 2020
|To:||Chairs and Administrators, Departments in the Biological, Physical, and Social Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||September 04, 2019|
|Subject:||Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists National Competition|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||September 25, 2019|
The Blavatnik Family Foundation is providing critical support to seed innovative work in science and technology that will address society’s most pressing global problems. These awards recognize the country’s most promising faculty-rank researchers in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, and Chemistry.
Amount per award: $250,000
Duration of award: 1 Year
Number of awards: One Blavatnik Laureate in each Disciplinary Category
The nominee must:
- Have been born in or after 1978.
- Hold a doctorate degree (PhD, DPhil, MD, DDS, DVM, etc.).
- Currently hold a tenured or tenure-track academic faculty position (or equivalent).
- Currently conduct research as a principal investigator in one of the disciplinary categories in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, or Chemistry.
UW-Madison may submit up to three nominations, one in each disciplinary category.
The Blavatnik Awards strongly encourage the nomination of women and other underrepresented groups in science and engineering.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, attach a single PDF to an email to: email@example.com
Please include the following information:
- Cover Page
- Curriculum Vitae (4-page maximum, PDF).
- Research Summary: A 1,000-word maximum summary of up to five of the nominee’s most significant scientific contributions and research accomplishments. Key results, their impact on the nominee’s field of study, and the nominee’s specific role in the described work should be included. Information about the nominee’s positions, awards, and service activities should be excluded. One figure illustrating the most significant results is allowed. Citations and figure caption do not count toward the word limit.
Applications are due to Blavatnik Family Foundation by November 13, 2019.