Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists National Competition 2016
|To:||Chairs and Administrators, Departments in the Biological, Physical, and Social Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||September 11, 2015|
|Subject:||Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists National Competition 2016|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||October 12, 2015|
The Blavatnik Family Foundation is providing critical support to seed innovative work in science and technology that will address society’s most pressing global problems. These awards recognize the country’s most promising faculty-rank researchers in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, and Chemistry.
- Amount per award: $250,000
- Duration of award: 1 Year
- Number of awards: One Blavatnik Laureate in each Disciplinary Category.
The nominee must:
- Have been born in or after 1974.
- Hold a doctorate degree (PhD, DPhil, MD, DDS, DVM, etc.).
- Currently hold a faculty position.
- Currently conduct research as a principal investigator in one of the disciplinary categories in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, or Chemistry.
Previously nominated individuals who were not selected as Laureates in past Awards cycles may be nominated again. The Blavatnik Awards welcomes nominations from underrepresented groups in science and engineering.
UW-Madison is invited to submit one nomination in each disciplinary category:
- Blavatnik National Award for Young Scientists in Life Sciences
- Blavatnik National Award for Young Scientists in Physical Sciences & Engineering
- Blavatnik National Award for Young Scientists in Chemistry
Each Department is limited to nominating one candidate per disciplinary category.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your nomination, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
- Nominee’s name, date of birth, title, contact information and disciplinary category.
- Nominator’s name, title, and contact information.
- Nominator’s Rationale for Nomination (200-word maximum)
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae (4-page maximum, PDF).
- Nominee’s Research Summary (1,000-word maximum, PDF).
- Full-text publications and/or patents representing the nominee’s work (up to 4 publications, PDF).
- Names and email addresses for two letter writers familiar with nominee’s scientific contributions who will provide letters of support.
Applications are due to the sponsor by November 18, 2015.
Contact Dave Schuster (608) 263-7274 or email email@example.com.