Research Knowledge Base
All Campus Animal Planning and Advisory Committee
This page provides information about the All Campus Animal Planning and Advisory Committee (ACAPAC).
The All Campus Animal Planning and Advisory Committee (ACAPAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education and Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Policy who also serves as the Institutional Official. The charge to the committee includes:
1) Advising the Institutional Official on animal program issues.
2) Advising the Institutional Official on setting coordinating campus-wide animal program policies in order to have uniform application by all Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUCs), animal care units, teaching, and research staff.
3) Advising the Director of the Research Animal Resource Center (RARC) on program initiatives.
4) Advising the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education on operations of RARC and how its performance aligns with the University mission.
5) Contribute to strategic planning for the animal care and use program, including long-rang planning for animal program services, facilities, and staffing.
6) Advocating for animal program needs to school/college and central administration.
7) Providing advice regarding outreach, public education, and public engagement activities related to the animal program.
8) Facilitating communication between faculty, staff, students, and administration regarding animal program vision and compliance
9) Contributing to awareness and discussion of national policy issues that affect the care and use of animals in research.
ACAPAC Meeting Schedule: https://research.wisc.edu/kb-article/?id=59732
Keywords: campus, animal planning, advisory committee