Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust 2022
|To:||Chairs and Administrators; Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||May 14, 2021|
|Subject:||Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust 2022|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||June 11, 2021|
The Trust supports education and research in ornamental horticulture, and the development and maintenance of public gardens and arboreta that offer educational experiences to their visitors. Grants are awarded for projects in North America, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Australia, and New Zealand.
The Trust seeks to fund projects that will further ornamental horticulture at organizations pursuing the following activities:
- The advancement of research in ornamental horticulture and the publication of the results of such research
- Assisting in the creation, development, preservation, and maintenance of gardens accessible to the public for educational purposes
- Promotion of the environmentally responsible introduction, cultivation, and distribution of plants which have ornamental horticultural value
- Assisting in the publication of books or other works relating to ornamental horticulture
- Informal and/or formal educational activities that further ornamental horticulture
Examples of such projects include:
- Development of programs and projects
- Physical improvements
- and, under some circumstances, general operations and/or salaries
The Trust does not fund endowments or indirect costs. The Trust also does not fund projects concerned primarily with agriculture, environmental issues, science education, or horticultural therapy.
Amount per Award: up to $25,000
Duration of Award: 1 Year
Number of Awards: approximately 50
UW-Madison is allowed to submit 1 proposal.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, please email a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover page – Project Title, Name and Department of PI, (1 page)
- Research project summary of no more than 4 pages providing a description of how the proposed project meets the goals of the solicitation
Letters of Intent are due to Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust by July 15, 2021. Applications are due to Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust by August 16, 2021.