Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Program 2023
|To:||Chairs and Administrators, Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||July 19, 2022|
|Subject:||Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Program 2023|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||August 16, 2022|
The Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Program supports research scientists in the early stages of their careers and funds basic biomedical research in the fields of cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. The Rita Allen Foundation aims to advance transformative ideas and leverage them to promote breakthrough solutions. The program embraces innovative research with above-average risk and groundbreaking possibilities.
To be eligible for a Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Award candidates must:
• Be nominated by a selected institution
• Have completed their training and provided persuasive evidence of distinguished achievement or extraordinary promise in research in one of the relevant fields
• Be in the early stages of their careers; most likely, this will mean a recent appointment at a faculty level
Rita Allen Foundation Scholars may not accept an award from the Beckman Young Investigator Program, Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences, Searle Scholars Program, or Vallee Scholars Program that would take effect beginning in year one of the RAF award. Rita Allen Scholars may apply for awards from these organizations that would take effect beginning in year two of the RAF award. Other sources of funding also may influence selection.
Amount per award: $110,000 annually
Duration of award: 5 Years
Number of awards: 5 awarded in 2022
UW–Madison may nominate 1 candidate
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
- Cover Sheet, with name, contact information, and title of the project
- Letter of Support from Chair or Center Director (no more than 2 pages, using the candidate assessment in the 2023 FAQs as guidance)
- Research project summary of no more than 4 pages providing a description of how the proposed project meets the goals of the solicitation
Nominations are due to Rita Allen Foundation by September 09, 2022. Applications are due to Rita Allen Foundation by October 21, 2022.