PhRMA Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship 2019
|To:||Chairs and Administrators; Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||July 18, 2018|
|Subject:||PhRMA Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||August 01, 2018|
This program provides up to two years of stipend funding to support full-time advanced students who will have completed most of their pre-thesis requirements (at least two years of study) and be engaged in thesis research as PhD candidates by the time the award is activated.
Amount of Award: $20,000 per year, up to two years
Duration of Award: Applications will be accepted for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years of stipend support. Pre Doctoral Fellowships are designed for students who expect to complete their Ph.D. requirements in two years or less from the time the fellowship begins.
- For applications to be considered, proposals must contain innovative informatics components and not solely apply bioinformatics methodologies to experimental data analysis.
- Emphasis will be placed on the development of new informatics technologies that facilitate translation of data into an elucidation and understanding of human biological and disease processes. This includes the applicant’s identification of unmet clinical needs and a proposed solution.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Students just beginning graduate school should not apply. A candidate enrolled in an MD/PhD program should not be taking required clinical coursework or clerkships while the fellowship is active. An individual may not simultaneously hold or interrupt any other fellowship providing stipend support while the PhRMA Foundation fellowship is active.
- Preference will be given to individuals whose research combines novel computational methods with experimental validation.
UW-Madison may submit two Informatics applications.
- Applicants must be full-time, in-residence pharmacology or toxicology students enrolled in U.S. schools of medicine, pharmacy, public health, dentistry, or veterinary medicine. Eligible candidates will have completed most of their pre-thesis requirements (at least two years of study) and be engaged in thesis research as Ph.D. candidates by the time the award is activated.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
UW-Madison may submit one Pharmacology/Toxicology application.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Please include the following information:
- Cover Page including program applying to (Informatics or Pharmacology/Toxicology)
- Applicant CV or Biosketch
- Research Abstract – Submit a titled abstract of approximately 200 words concerning your proposed research plan.
- A letter from the thesis advisor supporting the application
Applications are due to PhRMA Foundation by September 01, 2018.