Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences 2021
|To:||Chairs and Administrators; Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||March 16, 2020|
|Subject:||Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||April 17, 2020|
The Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences provides funding to young investigators of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. The program makes grants to selected academic institutions to support the independent research of outstanding individuals who are in their first few years of their appointment at the assistant professor level.
Amount per Award: $300,000 ($75,000 per year)
Duration of Award: 4 Years
Number of Awards: 22 Awards made in 2019
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field.
- As of Sept. 10, 2020, hold a full-time appointment at the rank of assistant professor. (Appointments such as research assistant professor, adjunct assistant professor, assistant professor research track, visiting professor, or instructor are not eligible).
- Must not have been appointed as an assistant professor at any institution prior to June 15, 2017, whether or not such an appointment was on a tenure track. Time spent in clinical internships, residencies, in work toward board certification, or on parental leave does not count as part of this three-year limit. Candidates who took parental leave should contact Pew’s program office to ensure that application reviewers are aware of their circumstances.
- May apply to the program a maximum of two times. All applicants must be nominated by their institution and must complete the 2021 online application.
- UW-Madison is allowed to submit one nomination.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, attach a single PDF to an email to: email@example.com.
Please include the following information:
- Cover Page including: Name, Academic Title (must indicate Assistant Professor), Address, Email, Title of Proposal, Full Time Status, Doctorate Degree, Appointment Begin Date (not before June 15, 2017)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Project Summary (4 pages)
- Letter of Support from Chair or Center Director
For the project selected, the Nomination will be submitted by the Internal Review Committee using Pew website by May 18, 2020.
Nominations are due to The Pew Charitable Trusts by May 18, 2020. Applications are due to The Pew Charitable Trusts by September 10, 2020.