Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences 2020
|To:||Chairs and Administrators; Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||April 02, 2019|
|Subject:||Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||May 15, 2019|
The Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences provides funding to young investigators of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. The program makes grants to selected academic institutions to support the independent research of outstanding individuals who are in their first few years of their appointment at the assistant professor level.
Amount per Award: $300,000 ($75,000 per year)
Duration of Award: 4 Years
Number of Awards: 22 Awards made in 2018
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field.
- As of Oct. 17, 2019, nominees must hold full-time appointments at the rank of assistant professor. (Appointments such as Research Assistant Professor, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor Research Track, Visiting Professor or Instructor are not eligible.)
- On June 14, 2019, candidates must have been in such an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before June 14, 2016), whether or not such an appointment was on a tenure track. Time spent in clinical internships, residencies, in work toward board certification, or on parental leave does not count as part of this three-year limit.
- Candidates may be nominated by their institution two times in total.
- UW-Madison is allowed to submit one nomination.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Please include the following information:
- Cover Page
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Project Summary (4 pages)
- Letter of Support from Chair or Center Director
For the project selected, the Nomination will be submitted by the Internal Review Committee using Pew website by June 14, 2019.
Letters of Intent are due to The Pew Charitable Trusts by June 14, 2019. Applications are due to The Pew Charitable Trusts by October 17, 2019.