Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences 2016
|To:||Chairs and Administrators, Departments in the Biological Sciences, Associate Deans for Research, College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||May 14, 2015|
|Subject:||Pew Scholars 2016 Program in the Biomedical Sciences|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||June 08, 2015|
The Pew Scholars Program supports assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health.
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences or medicine.
- As of Nov. 16, 2015, nominees must hold full-time appointments at the rank of assistant professor.
- On July 16, 2015, candidates must have been in such an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before July 16, 2012), whether or not such an appointment was on a tenure track.Based on their performance during their education and training, candidates should demonstrate outstanding promise as contributors in science relevant to human health. Strong proposals will incorporate particularly creative and innovative approaches. Candidates whose work is based on biomedical principles, but brings in concepts and theories from more diverse fields, are encouraged to apply. Risk-taking is encouraged. Selection of the successful candidates will be based on a detailed description of the work that the applicant proposes to undertake, evaluations of the candidate’s performance, and notable past accomplishments, including honors, awards and publications. In evaluating the candidates, the National Advisory Committee gives considerable weight to evidence that the candidate is a successful independent investigator and has published significant work.
Amount per Award: $240,000
Duration of Award: 4 Years
Number of Awards: 22 Awards made in 2014, out of a pool of 184 invited institutions
UW-Madison is allowed to submit 1 Nomination
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application for Internal Review in Fluid Review, please follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Attach PDF with:
- Cover Sheet that includes Full Contact Information, Title (Assistant Professor), Doctorate – Biomedical Sciences or Medicine, Status (Full Time), Departmental Affiliation, Appointment Begin Date (not before July 16, 2012)
- Research Project Summary
- Curriculum Vitae (including Current & Pending Support)
- Letter of Support from the Chair of Division
Applications are due to the sponsor by July 15, 2015.