Ono Pharma Breakthrough Science Initiative Awards Program 2017
|To:||Chairs and Administrators; Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||April 19, 2017|
|Subject:||Ono Pharma Breakthrough Science Initiative Awards Program|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||May 01, 2017|
Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (“Ono”) is a leading global healthcare company committed to delivering new, innovative pharmaceutical products to patients and championing the fight against disease and pain. Ono carries out these goals in cooperation with researchers, patients, their families, and healthcare providers.
The Ono Pharma Breakthrough Science Initiative Awards Program (“Ono Initiative”), is a competitive awards program administered by the independent Ono Pharma Foundation (“Ono Pharma Foundation”) for Ono. The Ono Initiative is the embodiment of Ono’s commitment to focus on and accelerate researcher-driven open innovation by supporting high-risk and high-reward science research projects which have potential to lead to science discoveries/solutions and, possibly, based on further research, to breakthrough treatments for patients.
The purpose of Ono in creating the Ono Initiative is to support scientist Principal Investigators (“PIs”) with creative ideas in selected scientific research fields with the mission of seeking discoveries/solutions and development of high impact science. The goals of the Ono Initiative are to:
- Identify and help develop innovative research proposals and results that could lead to the development of breakthrough treatment solutions for patients.
- Support academic research and the career development of promising young and established scientists.
- Build strong relationships within potential partner institutions to identify early research projects aligned within the strategic areas of interest of Ono.
Amount per Award: $300,000 per year
Duration of Award: Up to 3 years
Number of Awards: 5
- The PI must have a MD and/or a PhD degree.
- The PI may not already be engaged in other Ono sponsored research.
- The PI may not apply for funding to amplify current work. However, PIs may research a new idea based on a prior findings of the PI.
UW-Madison may nominate up to 2 applicants.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application for internal review, please email a PDF containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Page- Name, Department, Contact Information and Project Title
- Vision of the Proposed Research (1 page)
- CV – NIH Biosketch format-disclose all grants or awards currently received or pending which would be relevant to the Proposed Research.
Letters of Intent are due to Ono Pharma Foundation by May 15, 2017. Applications are due to Ono Pharma Foundation by June 30, 2017.