Falk Medical Research Trust Catalyst Award 2022
|To:||Chairs and Administrators; Departments in the Biological Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Graduate Education|
|Date:||March 07, 2022|
|Subject:||Falk Medical Research Trust Catalyst Award 2022|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||April 13, 2022|
The Catalyst Research Award Program provides one to two years of seed funding to support translational research projects that address critical scientific and therapeutic roadblocks. The program is designed to enable planning and development of projects, teams, tools, techniques, and management infrastructure necessary to successfully compete for a two- to three-year award through the Transformational Research Award Program.
This program is designed to support high-risk, high-reward projects that address critical scientific and therapeutic roadblocks. If successful, these projects will open new avenues for treating and curing disease. The Program has three principal areas of focus:
1. Identification of biological markers of disease activity and progression,
2. Identification of targets for therapeutic interventions, and
3. Development of therapeutic agents that will disrupt, arrest, or prevent the disease process.
Applications should be responsive to one of the three principal areas of Research Focus and have high
Amount per Award: Up to $300,000 (inclusive of 10% indirect costs)
Duration of Award: 12-24 months
Number of Awards: The number of Catalyst Awards available will be determined by the Trustee each year, depending on the availability of funds and the merit of the applications received.
- The administrative lead applicant (Principle Investigator) must hold a full-time faculty appointment
- PIs and multi-PIs must be independent investigator (s) with demonstrated institutional support and the specialized space and facilities needed to conduct the proposed research
- Applicants and key personnel may not have funding support for a similar project
- United States citizenship is not required; visa documentation is not required
- Each PI may only submit one application
UW-Madison may nominate up to 2 applicants
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
- Cover page with name, contact information, and title of the project
- Research project summary of no more than 4 pages providing a description of how the proposed project meets the goals of the solicitation
Applications are due to Falk Medical Research Trust by June 16, 2022.