This Opportunity is part of the Institutional Nominations and Internal Competitions Spring 2017 review.
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of talented young faculty in the chemical sciences. Based on institutional nominations, the program provides discretionary funding to faculty at an early stage in their careers. Criteria for selection include an independent body of scholarship attained in the early years of their appointment (see below), and a demonstrated commitment to education, signaling the promise of continuing outstanding contributions to both research and teaching.
The Foundation seeks Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholars who demonstrate leadership in research and education. Nominations must provide compelling evidence of the advance of important knowledge in the chemical sciences by the nominee. Further, the nomination should describe dedication and contributions to education in the chemical sciences, particularly with respect to undergraduates.
The nominee’s scholarly research achievements are assessed by a panel of distinguished faculty in the chemical sciences. The letters of recommendation should address the nominee’s research accomplishments as an independent faculty member. Other considered factors are: awards and honors, publication of research achievements in leading journals, and success in attracting research funding.
Amount per Award: $75,000
Duration of Award: 5 Years
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program is open to academic institutions in the States, Districts, and Territories of the United States of America that grant a bachelor’s or higher degree in the chemical sciences, including biochemistry, materials chemistry, and chemical engineering.
Nominees must hold a full-time tenure-track academic appointment, and are normally expected to have been appointed no earlier than mid-year 2011. Awardees are from Ph.D. granting departments in which scholarly research is a principal activity. Undergraduate education is an important component.
Institutions may submit only one Camille Dreyfus nomination annually. Renominations are accepted.
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Please include the following information:
1. Cover Sheet-full contact information, Dept., Appointment Date
2. A letter of nomination from a Department Chair/Center Director, highlighting the nominee’s achievements, and the basis for selection (limited to three pages)
3. A summary description of the nominee’s research accomplishments as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (limited to six pages, including references)
4. A statement intended to convince the reviewers of the nominee’s dedication to education in the chemical sciences (limited to two pages)
5. A CV (limited to five pages) including a list of publications in which independent contributions and undergraduate coauthors are clearly identified. Research support should be indicated
6. A budget (limited to one page) describing how award funds are anticipated to be used
Applications are due to The Camille & Henry Dreyfus Foundation by February 10, 2017.
Contact Dave Schuster (608) 263-7274 or email email@example.com.