Academic Fellowship Rate.........................$ 19,365
|Academic Stipend Estimated||$19,365||$19,365|
Annual Fellowship Rate .............................$ 23,668
|Annual Stipend Estimated||$23,668||$23,668|
- Use only Account Code 5712 for pay rolling annual fellows and use only Account Code 5732 for pay rolling academic fellows. Use Program 9 for all payroll transactions.
- Do not use Account Codes 2710 and 2714 for pay rolling fellows.
- Use only Account Code 5713 and Program 9 for tuition payments.
- The flexible funds can be paid all at once using Account Code 5709 and Program 4 (research) or can be paid for individual transactions using the appropriate Account Code and Program 4.
- Click here to download the appropriate Fellowship Tuition Remission Authorization Form .
Non-residents of Wisconsin who are appointed as Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellows are eligible for a remission of the out-of-state portion of tuition and fees. Each semester, the appointing department must initiate a request to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education (VCRGE) for this remission. Click here to download the appropriate Fellowship Tuition Remission Authorization Form. Completed forms can be submitted directly to the Bursar's Office secure website.
In-State tuition and fees should be charged directly to the Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowships accounts. One-half of each semester's in-state tuition and segregated fees should be deferred to the Department's 233 account and the other half to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education's 135 account. Each semester, the appointing department must send a memo or e-mail the Bursar's Office to arrange this deferral. This request does not go through the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education. Please refer to the Bursar's 3rd Party Deferral Policy for the information to send when making this request. Once the deferral is set up, the Bursar's Office will send the Fellow's invoice for tuition and segregated fees to the department contact for payment. Put both the department's 233 and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education's 135 account coding on the invoice and send it to Accounting Services for payment.
- Fellows are eligible for health insurance. Contact your department's fringe benefits counselor for more information.
- During their fellowship, fellows must register for and maintain a minimum of eight graduate credits each semester (courses 300 or above), and a minimum of two credits during the eight week summer session. Dissertators are required to register SEGREGATED FEES
- For three dissertator credits each term including the eight week summer session. It is the responsibility of the department to verify that your fellows are fully registered.
- The Fellowships will be split evenly between UW Foundation funds (233) and VCRGE funds (135). Over time, it is anticipated that Wisconsin Distinguished Fellowship funds at the UW-Foundation will provide more than half of the amount necessary to provide a full fellowship.
- Sending out appointment letters to the fellows is a responsibility of the department.
- It is the responsibility of each department to monitor the amount available at the UW-Foundation in their WDGF accounts. This is necessary to determine how often a department may offer a fellowship. Your departmental 233 account will be responsible for at least 50% of the cost of the fellowship.
- WDGF stipend awarded should be updated to reflect the new rates at the start of the fiscal year. For example, if a student is awarded a WDGF on an annual basis beginning on September 1, on July 1 the new stipend rate should be adjusted to reflect the rates set for the new fiscal year.
- If a student is appointed for a second year on a WDF award it is at the discretion of the department as to whether a new allocation of Flexible Funds allocation will be provided for the second year.
- Questions concerning any aspect of the Wisconsin Distinguished Fellowship Program should be directed to your School/College (contact list).