Research Reboot – Return to Research Phase 1
May 27, 2020
COVID-19 has dramatically changed how we conduct research on campus. We are now embarking on a limited expansion of on-campus research, while ensuring we are following campus guidelines to minimize the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This page has important information about returning to campus research space in this first phase. Those who are approved must abide by requirements laid out to conduct research and maintain safe conditions at all times.
Research will be restarted in phases, with a focus on expanding research activities while minimizing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to our students, staff, faculty and the community. All plans for on-campus research must comply with campus and external guidelines and be an approved activity.
To the greatest extent possible, research personnel should continue to work from home; in particular, all vulnerable individuals are encouraged to continue to work from home.
Researchers seeking to resume their on campus research in Phase 1 must receive approval from their college dean (or designee for approval) or the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education. If a request is not approved, that research cannot commence.
Researchers should be aware that depending on the situation, such as an increase in positive cases in the community or cases on campus, we may need to again quickly introduce additional restrictions to on-campus research activity. We will continue to monitor and provide guidance to our research community.
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education, email@example.com
- Graduate School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research and Sponsored Programs
- Institutional Review Board guidance on COVID-19
- Personal Protective Equipment: complete this online form https://shopuw.wisc.edu/eoc-ppe-request-form, 608-263-2177
- For assistance with risk assessment, safeguards, or hazardous materials management, contact Environment, Health & Safety at 608-265-5000
- For facility issues, contact Physical Plant via web request or phone at 608-263-3333
- Biological Safety: (608) 263-2037, email@example.com
- Campus Veterinarian: Janet Welter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-265-2695