UW-Madison Stem Cell Policies, Guidance and Resources
UW–Madison Stem Cell Policies and Guidance
- UW–Madison Policy for Human Embryo and Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Research
- PI Status for UW–Madison hESC Protocols
- Request for Approval to Serve as PI
- UW–Madison Stem Cell Research Oversight (SCRO) Committee Conflict of Interest Policy
- UW–Madison Guidance on Research involving the Creation of Human/Nonhuman Chimeras
- UW–Madison SCRO Multisite Research Policy
- UW–Madison SCRO Full and Expedited Review Policy
- UW–Madison SCRO Initial Review, Continuing Review, and Changes of Protocol Policy
- UW–Madison Guidance for Investigators Requesting to Add hESC Lines to the UW–Madison hESC Registry
- Bioethics Advisory Committee on hESC Research
UW–Madison Stem Cell Resources
- UW–Madison Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center: The mission of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center (SCRMC) is to advance the science of stem cell biology and foster breakthroughs in regenerative medicine through faculty interactions, research support and education.
- WiCell: provider of hPSC lines, cytogenetic testing services, pre-qualified reagents, and research services such as mycoplasma screening, teratoma services, lab space and grant writing assistance.
- UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research Clinical Research Unit: reviews protocols that will be using CRU facilities or services.
- Health Sciences Institutional Review Boards (IRBs): reviews hPSC research protocols involving interaction or intervention with human subjects or using identifiable hPSC lines.
- Institutional Biosafety Committee /Office of Biological Safety: reviews the research use of recombinant DNA and its derivatives.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee: reviews all research protocols involving the use of animals. The Research Animal Resources Center web site has information about all of the local Animal Care and Use Committees.
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP): administers extramurally sponsored programs and reviews and negotiates material transfer agreements for hPSC lines obtained from non-UW sources.
- Research Safety Committee (RSC): reviews protocols possessing health hazards, such as gene transfer studies, and protocols intentionally exposing subjects to infectious agents. The phone number for RSC is (608) 263-8902.
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF): reviews invention disclosure forms for new discoveries and manages UW’s intellectual property.