National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Stipend 2016
|To:||Chairs and Administrators, Departments in the Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences; Associate Deans for Research; College/School Research Administrators|
|From:||Lea Jacobs, Associate Vice Chancellor for Arts and Humanities|
|Date:||June 24, 2015|
|Subject:||National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Stipend 2016|
|Deadline for Internal Review:||September 14, 2015|
Summer Stipends support individuals pursuing advanced research that is of value to humanities scholars, general audiences, or both. Recipients usually produce articles, monographs, books, digital materials, archaeological site reports, translations, editions, or other scholarly resources. Summer Stipends support continuous full-time work on a humanities project for a period of two consecutive months. Summer Stipends support projects at any stage of development and are awarded to individual scholars.
Amount per Award: $6,000
Duration of Award: 2 Months of full-time research and writing
Number of Awards: 81 Awards – last 5 years average
UW–Madison may submit two proposals. • All applicants must have completed their formal education by the application deadline. While applicants need not have advanced degrees, individuals currently enrolled in a degree-granting program are ineligible to apply. • U.S. citizens, whether they reside inside or outside the United States, are eligible to apply. Foreign nationals who have been living in the United States or its jurisdictions for at least the three years immediately preceding the application deadline are also eligible. • Individuals who have either held or been awarded a major fellowship or research grant or its equivalent within the three academic years prior to the deadline are ineligible. • Individuals who have received Summer Stipends may apply to support a new stage of their projects. • Faculty members teaching full-time must be nominated by their institutions. • Applicants successful in more than one NEH-administered program in support of individual research (for example, Awards for Faculty Fellowships, Summer Stipends) may accept only ONE award in the 2016 federal fiscal year (October 1, 2015-September 30, 2016).
Internal Competition Application Instructions
Applications for Internal Review
To submit your application, follow this link: https://inic-uwmadison.fluidreview.com/
Upload a PDF with the following information:
1. Prepare applications in 12-point font, single-spaced. There is no limit on the number of nominations that can be received from a department.
2. Include the following sections in the candidate’s application for the internal review. Please note that a letter of nomination from the department chair is not needed for this competition.
* COVER PAGE containing Name, Department and Contact Information
* RESUME (not to exceed two single-spaced pages)
Current & Past Positions
Awards & Honors
Other Relevant Professional Activities & Accomplishments
* NARRATIVE (three single-spaced pages)
Research & Contribution
Methods and Work Plan
Competencies, Skills and Access
Final Product and Dissemination
* A BIBLIOGRAPHY (not to exceed one single-spaced page)
* A LIST OF THE NAMES AND TITLES OF TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO WRITE REFERENCE LETTERS. (We suggest that applicants do not ask referees for letters until the selection committee has completed its work.)
Applications are due to the sponsor by October 01, 2015.